A vehicle fire spread to a home garage in San Jacinto, CA containing hazardous materials on Monday afternoon. The Riverside County Fire Department responded to the blaze. They discovered an unknown amount of lithium batteries and around 1,000 chlorine tablets in the path of the fire. Local residents and an elementary school were asked to shelter in place temporarily. Crews were able to extinguish the flames with no injuries. Residents were warned the smell of chlorine and burning batteries would continue for several hours. The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.