Emergency crews in Eugene, OR evacuated several halls at the University of Oregon following a chemical spill. Around 3:30 pm on Tuesday, a lab technician dropped a bottle of chemicals causing it to vaporize. Authorities said the chemical was a denatured protein. The building has been designated a hazardous material zone and will remain closed until cleanup efforts have been completed. The technician was treated at a local hospital as a precaution but does not appear to have suffered any injuries. No other injuries were reported.