Sunday evening around 7:30 a leak was found at Bulk Chemicals on Mohrsville Road in Perry Township.
Residents were forced to evacuate due to nitric acid leaking from a wall at the facility.
Several firefighters and hazmat crews responded to the scene. At around 10pm it was decided to evacuate homes within a quarter-mile of the facility, said Chief Rusty Wagner, Shoemakersville Fire Company.
The crews worked overnight to clean up the spill and residents were able to return home on Monday morning.